It is the end of April. I had been trying to get occupational therapy for Sharon. It has been nearly a year long journey. A fight that I continue to battle. We have no short of them as a family of a special needs child(ren). In doing so we had genetic testing done on Sharon. The results were expected. Genetically she is Autistic.
Nearly everyone is born with two of each chromosome. Sharon's #11 is missing a half of one on a set. This contains 28 genes that help the brain do a variety of tasks. These are consistent with autism. This area is absolutely fascinating to me. Genes, Chromosomes, DNA this is what makes people individuals. If everybody had a genetic test done the results would be different. There might be the same traits here and there. However, there would not be an exact match. That was in God's plan.
He has a recipe for each person. He has a plan for each person. This is what He had for Sharon. It was not a mistake. It was not something that the world created. When she was put together she had different ingredients. I was not saddened that she was missing these genes. Sharon was Sharon when she was born. I do not think that it makes her less. Like she is not whole. In all reality we all have something that is left out. Some of us have a little extra. I am absolutely fascinated by the workings of God.
I do not deny that she has extra challenges. I would like to meet a person who does not have challenges. I believe that person does not exist or is lying to themselves. It is important what we do with the challenges that we face in this world. What are we going to do with them? If you try and get rid of one another one will pop up. This life is rough no doubt. We live in a fallen world that is filled with sin. As I stated previously this month the biggest challenge as parents is not the autism. It is not things in this world. It is the sinful nature within their hearts.
In this world She is Autistic and has a genetic defect. Pretty heavy labels are they not? Only God knows what He has for her. So far He has done so much in her life. He has done so much with her life. She is different. If God made the same recipe over and over again we would have a pretty boring place. That is why He made everybody special for His own Glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment