Sunday, April 6, 2014

Accepting Grace

   This would be the second part of "Grace to Accept Acceptance". We think of gifts as something pleasant. Something that is enjoyed. Not something that causes us pain or strife. However, grace from God works in many different ways. Grace is given. How it is given depends on the person.
   I had mentioned that Autism was a blessing in many ways in my previous post. I had also mentioned it was a struggle. A struggle can be a blessing. It has certainly got this household in gear. I don't know what exactly what I would be doing with my life if Sharon was not diagnosed. I certainly would not have met some of the most wonderful people. I would not just call up a State Legislatures office asking for things to change. Or get half, HALF the stuff that I do get done if it were not for Sharon. I communicate more efficiently that before. I also could look at myself at what I was doing that wasn't socially acceptable. Sharon's way of learning is straight coping. I have to make sure I am a decent example. One of the things to do that is to say I didn't do something right. I did not behave correctly I say( more often than I want to). And explain that nobody can do every right all the time. That is why we need Jesus. I need Jesus.
    Think about the times you were in pain. Think about a struggle that you have gone through. There was a positive in that. I guarantee you there is a positive. You might be so grieved that you cannot see it. That struggle leads you to draw closer to God or it can eat you. I had plenty of times were struggles ate me up. Plenty of pain that was overwhelming that I couldn't get past. It was only until I drew myself to Christ. That the cloud of grief was removed. I could grieve that my child has Autism. That she will not achieve some things that another child will not. Or I could choose by the Grace of God to see the positive side of it. I could see all of her strengths instead of her weaknesses. In doing that she will see herself as someone who is stronger. That life is something that is positive. That God made her especially for a purpose He already is fulfilling.
   Is Autism the worst thing that can happen? NO. I am very lucky that I have a bright young lady. She has taught me more about life than I could ever teach her. What is the biggest thing as a parent we need to worry about? The world it is so dangerous isn't? Needles, plastic, GMO, Gluten and etc. Sure we have allergies. We have reactions to things. I, myself, have gotten allergic reactions in summertime exercising. That is right after running in summer, straight to the ER. Scary isn't it? Not as scary as the sin that eats at my heart everyday. As much as we bubble wrap our kids. What happens when that sin starts to eat away at them? As parents we have to prepare for that struggle that is going to happen. It is not a maybe this will happen. They will struggle. They will suffer. This world isn't meant for anything less. As a parent that has child(ren) because both of mine have needs; I need to say do not fear. I need to say that with confidence. I need to say it boldly and truthfully. If I have Christ what shall I fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment