Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Saving our community

I am writing this post because I feel much like a father not too long ago that I need to stand up for my daughters and other like them. They have disabilities. I know a lot of families that deal with disabilities. What I mean by deal, I mean are blessed to have people in our lives that struggle in certain areas. What they don't struggle in is quality of life. The people I have met that have disabilities across the spectrum are happy and content with what life has given them. However, we as a country are at a cross roads. It is important for my community to pick the right road.

The United States is electing a president. This isn't a huge issue, what can a president do in a four year period? However, this year they will have the opportunity to elect maybe 2-3 Supreme Court members. This can bring a lot of change to this country. One of the things that has been brought up is 3rd term abortion. It has nothing to do with Mothers' and everything to do with the baby. Most of the time it is due to a baby that has a disability. They have determined before giving the child a chance that their life will not be worth it. Imagine someone coming up to you and saying your life is worth nothing. That is essentially what they are doing. In the meantime people like Stephen Hawking has been essential to science. What if they determined that his life was worth nothing? We will get to the point where we will see defects in DNA prior to birth which my example had and decide to forego the pregnancy. We will deprive the world of some of the greatest people. It will be destruction of society of epic proportions. This will happen if a Supreme Court bent towards "social issues" is elected. This election is vital for those who value life.

I am pro life in every sense of the word. So when I look at the options for this election you really just have two now. If I am absolute on my pro life stance I need to make sure the Supreme Court is constitutional in every sense. If I believe in religious freedom, I have to vote for the right person to administer that. I may not personally like the candidate. I don't have to like them. They need to lead the country not be my friend. Who is better to do that out of the choices that have a chance? Who is going to stand policy wise with me? I have to look at policy and supreme court.

We are all in the same boat. God doesn't say " Hey you over there you are less of a sinner so you don't need Jesus. Come on in." No he doesn't do that. He requires all of us to repent and come. It is prideful to look at someones sinfulness and say "Oh no can't deal with that." When God dealt with the most egregious of sinners. He made leaders out of them. Ultimately we must look past a man's faults and look at intent. We must decide what future we are willing to let our children and grandchildren have. If a non-constitutional Supreme Court is elected can I live with that? I am voting my conscience by voting for the candidate that is going to put pro-life, religious freedom and protect the 1A and 2A. I have to do that for my children. That is why I am voting for Trump and Pence.

I really don't care about their past. I care about the policy that they what to put in place. I care about pro-life and not sorry for it. I also care that they want to have peace and work with our allies. In the UK they are planning on getting rid of Down Syndrome in 2020. Can you imagine the joy that would be robbed? I can't. We are going towards that at rocket speed. I in good conscience say NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment