I think by now everyone is sick of this political season. They pretty much wish it was over. We get so wrapped up in it. I really pray for people that get really angry during this time. I have already made up my mind on who I am voting for. I think everyone already knows who I am voting for. The only thing that upsets me this season is the tearing away of the gospel message by those whom Christ has saved. Now we are not on purpose don't get me wrong. We are doing it however. It must stop. If you haven't figured out this is for my christian family. So no sense in reading further if you are not a christian.
I want to talk about our "moral high ground" and "unforgivable" and "my conscience" . These sort of things are dangerous. First I don't know what moral high ground we as Christians have, I really don't. I came to Christ knowing how desperately weak and morally corrupt I was. I am still morally corrupt. Christ does HIS work in me. I don't work. To say someone is more corrupt than I is the height of hypocrisy. So I can't say that. The Gospel clearly states this. It says "Not one is good, not even one." So to be shocked that someone is flawed is a complete misunderstanding of the Gospel.
Unforgivable should not even be as Christians in our vocabulary. We do not decide that. Christ does. We spread the Gospel. Christ decides who is forgiven. He has forgiven David, Paul, and Peter. David looked out a window picked a woman had her brought to him. Seduced her and impregnated her. Had her husband killed so he could marry her. Unforgivable? No. God forgave him and David was the line to Jesus because it isn't David it is God. Imagine if David knowing his transgressions would you vote for him? The answer is clearly no. Yet God placed him on the throne. Paul murdered Christians. A murderer. Unforgivable? God says no. God used him to spread the Gospel. Would we? Probably not. Peter denied knowing. Denied his Godship. Not once, not twice but three times. Unforgivable? No God placed him in charge of his church. God had lifted up many flawed, criminal men. Why? He has a plan. He knows the heart. He should judge.
This brings me to conscience. Where does our conscience get us? Well when Moses went up on the mountain a golden calf. That was smart idea. Also prior to that the people decided that God was not good enough and they should have a king. So God allowed for a king. There were many bad kings. This was a good decision based on the peoples' conscience. Also we know from the story of David what God looked in a king versus the people. It was completely opposite. So to think that we have the audacity to pick a leader based on our moral compass is absurd.
This country needs a leader. We have to decide. If as Christians we say I can't in good conscience vote this way or that, we essentially say that David, Paul and a lot of leaders chosen by God was a mistake. Think about that. How we should approach an election is look at the laws that will be put in place. If you agree then vote for that. If you agree with the other vote for that. As a Christian voting morally especially now makes absolutely no sense. We need to look at law and what is correct. Otherwise we would disown the Gospel. That is just my prospective.
No comments:
Post a Comment