Friday, June 7, 2013

My Little Light

So I normally talk about Sharon. I have touched on a couple of difficulties with Leah. Let me tell you about this one. Leah loves people. She gets very excited when she sees any person. It does not matter who it is. And this is complete strangers. And of course more familiar people get even more excited feedback from Leah. She will grab someones hand usually an older individual in the parking lot. She insists that they walk to the store with them. She climbs up on usually other mothers laps or older lady's. She does these things in a blink of an eye. As I try redirecting her I realize maybe she is teaching me something. Every single person she has walked up to did not have a smile. But after interacting with Leah certainly did. They eagerly enjoyed her company even was thirsty for it. So what is that saying about our society. We are teaching our children for their safety to stay away from other people. But is that something that Christ would have for them? God has certainly given Leah a gift of love for people. And a speed to run after them. For which I can't keep up. And after seeing the impact that she has had on their day; I don't feel bad. I tell her it is time to go and to tell them it is nice to meet them. I try and teach her to be less aggressive with the chasing. But she chases after hearts. And she wins them.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful BEAUTIFUL perspective Kandi. We want our children to be safe but the cost of isolating them from 'strangers' may be high. Our little sunbeam Leah makes it very hard to stay gloomy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Leah can teach us a thing or two about reaching out to others. And I for one am willing to learn.

    ReplyDelete