Okay I had promised a post about my weight loss. And I suppose you want me to go into how I did it. But you are indeed asking the wrong question. People ask me all the time how did you do it? And I politely tell them: I eat 1200-1500 calories a day and go to the gym for and hour and 20 minutes a day. But in essence the real question is: How did He do it?
That fact is I wake up in pain nearly every day. My first thought is not I'm going to be disciplined today and go to work. NO! It is I want to go back to bed. So how exactly did one who just wants to go back to bed in the morning lose 70 pounds? It takes quite a bit of discipline that is for sure. I do have a slightly overbearing schedule. And there is that pain thing. Which I happen to have a knee surgery scheduled for in the near future for. Nothing is impossible with God. I know, I know that is something I had to get into my head before I started this journey.
I had tried to lose weight before. Many times before. I had failed for one reason. I had no trust that God will bring me through. I had hypothyroid disease that was undiagnosed for years. The knees that needed surgery every time I got started. And of course the migraines that flared up so bad I couldn't even think about getting out of bed. However, I still have all those problems. I still have knees that need surgery. I have had a migraine that lasted three weeks in the middle of this weight loss thing. Luckily I'm medicated on the hypothyroid part. I have to go in every couple of months to make sure it is in check. I came to it again though with a new understanding. That if I rely on God that I will indeed be successful.
I started out when I lost the first ten pounds I really couldn't believe it. I had never been able to lose more than a pound before. I sat down in locker room and thanked God. Knowing that if I didn't lose anymore I'd still be happy. I kept working. I made it a routine. Desperately carving out time. Knowing that at any time I would have to stop for 1) a knee surgery, 2) a bad migraine, 3) Sharon's schedule. I still am to this day working just as hard knowing in a few days I have to have knee surgery. I know that is what God has for me.
I obviously have changed what I do at the gym due to the knee. I had to change it to almost all upper body work. And take it easy on the knee. But from 50-70 weight loss I had known I needed knee surgery. Surely if God was holding my hand during this process, He had been carrying me this last part. I have been in a lot of pain. However, I know my work is not finished. I know I can still accomplish my goal and keep my knees safe. And I know in the end it is better for knees to lose the weight in the first place.
I have had a number of people who have said I have inspired them. Although I feel this is a great compliment which it really is. It truly is wonderful that someone is thinking about me. And wants to say something nice to me. I feel in fact since I really rested in God's hands that I didn't do most of it that it is misplaced. I feel that if you want to be inspired look to the Christ.When He said "It is finished" He gave me hope. When He said "It is finished" He gave me peace. When He said "It is finished" He gave me a home. Be inspired. Be blessed by that as I have.
Beautiful testimony to hard work but most of all resting in God's grace and love. And you look terrific!
ReplyDelete