We come to a new year and with it more hope for the future. A lot has happened this year. Sharon had started her intensive therapy just 5 months ago. She really has taken off with it. Along with her iPad for support Sharon has found her place. Leah is a very active 3 year old. That is an under statement. A tornado is more mild than this one. She is a bundle of energy that is non-stop until she sleeps. Keeping her occupied can be quite a task. It has been hard to adapt to our very busy schedule that has been required of us due to Sharon's therapy. But we have found that God's grace provides what ever need you have. So we shuffle from here to there in a hurried fashion. With little time to spare to get Sharon to where she needs to go. Sharon all the while oblivious to the chaotic fever bursting in the house. Leah all the while all to aware of it often protests about being shuffled here and there. But we get through it gingerly taking care to attending to both the girls needs not perfectly of course. Cuddling them telling them we love them. And explaining why we must do certain things. When we thought we had this thing down the whole routine it was going good something happened. Leah had woken up with very low blood sugar, At first I thought she was sick that she might have a stomach flu. But she was acting like she had throw up 9 times. She had not throw up once. She did not respond to her name. She kept on falling over. Her arms and legs like wet noodles. I knew something was wrong. I called the doctor and they sent me to the ER. Her sugar was below 50 which it should never get below. That send us into the hospital for a couple of days. With all of Sharon's school and therapy to handle. We walked out of the hospital with no answers as to why. Only to go to a genetics appointment in 3 weeks to do more testing. We woke her up to give her Pediasure in the middle of the night so her sugar didn't drop. I woke Leah and Sharon up like I always do to take Sharon to school on the day of her genetics appointment. Leah looked tired didn't want to get out of bed. Alarms immediately went off. This kid as soon as you come in starts climbing out. I start talking to her. Not responding. I tickle her. Not responding. I at this point now that it has happened again. And I'm crushed. It is now recurring or not a fluke. Something is going on with Leah. Paramedics are called, friends are called, therapy canceled. We had tests that needed to be done prior her getting treatment. I had to argue with the paramedic over that for 20 minutes. With the doctors note that I had put in his had that said as much before he called the ER. Finally got to the ER. We had to go to a different hospital where the geneticist was at. They had chalked it up to childhood hypoglycemia. After all the tests they have done they couldn't find a reason other than she is tall and very skinny. They are going to take one final genetic test to button things up. But they think she will grow out of it. Mean time I give her a supplement that helps put fat in her cells and give snacks before bed time. It has been over a month. She has not had an episode. But it is always in my mind and prayer.
Here is my point to this post which seems without one. EVERYONE struggles with something. Every single person on this planet has something they have to deal with. Is it worth being here you even say? Absolutely one hundred times it is worth it. Although we can't perfectly love here we can. Although this world is cruel I know God is with us. I know He will welcome me home one day. It is easier for me to see the blessings set before me because of my struggles. I would hate to take those for granted. I want people to understand that it might not be the pleasant things in life but the struggles that are God's greatest blessings to you. For without the struggles we would probably not draw so near to one that we need the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment