Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Unbroken

    I often take notice of my scars on my knees. Most of the time I just see them as another part of who I am. Other times I think about the many times my broken body has been repaired over and over. I might in that instance get the inkling to feel a little sorry for myself. It is true that I have a significant thorn in my side in this world. It might be alright to feel a tad sorry for myself at times. Of course like a lot of people I do. However, I can’t possibly stay in that position for long. I think about what I have been given and can’t help but be very thankful.
    Christ lowered himself to come here. Seated in the heavens, left that came here of all places. In a human body He suffered as we do. All our ridiculous emotions and pain. He lived a perfect life without sin. Only to be punished in the most brutish fashion possible. When He was nearly dead, He was hung on a cross. At that moment the ultimate cruelty was placed upon Him. He was left utterly alone. Separated completely from God the Father. I thing that I will never experience. He did this for me. He broke His body, mind and spirit so mine would not suffer the same. He did this knowing full well the pain and suffering that would be endured. He rose from this brokenness, securing my unbroken bond with the Father.
     There is a lot of suffering here. A lot of things that cause pain. As someone who has an unbroken bond to the Father I’m am eternally blessed beyond measure. When compared to the suffering of Christ I am rich in Grace and Mercy. I will never have to suffer the separation of God. I never have to live not knowing His all consuming love. All the things that can possible cause me anguish, this thought washes them away. Peace comes in like the tide. I am Unbroken.

No comments:

Post a Comment