Friday, April 22, 2016

Answers that Lead to Questions.

 I have been quite busy you see. I have had a friend in the hospital. Praise the Lord, home safely recovering. I wanted her even in the mist of my busy life that I wanted to be there for her. When I recovered from surgery locked in conversation rather than thoughts of recovery was better. I feel it is better to be busy than to have to think about the hard things. I have no time of late to ponder such things. However, I had some testing done for Leah. We really needed to get a more concrete diagnosis. We got one.
 
  Leah has several diagnosed issues. We knew she had ADHD. We knew she had SPD. We knew that her emotions controlled her behavior. We knew that she had a hard time processing information in a normal matter. All of these things were confirmed today. She was diagnosed with a mood disorder. She was also diagnosed with a nonverbal learning disability. Why is it important to have your child subjected to these things? I can tell that Leah had issues. I couldn't put a name on it. Have you ever tried finding a book with a sentence you read out of it? It doesn't work. I actually tried. This was what it was trying to figure out Leah. I had no idea what direction to go. I needed somebody to tell me this is the next flag on the course so to speak. It was helpful to be able to do that. We know where this will go if we do not get her help.

  Imagine that you wake up in the morning and you are tired. You do not want anything to do with anybody. What do normal people do? They try to get a little more awake to deal with the day right? Leah will not want to be bothered. She will be very cranky that she has to endure your very existence. It is our internal feelings played out by one small 6 year old. You go about your day and something irritates you. You get a little upset but you move on. Leah will throw a globe off the table. Even though that is something we might picture in our minds we don't do it. Anything that Leah feels she does. Ever wanted to mention to somebody some embarrassing thing? Leah has already done it for you. When she notices something out it comes. It sometimes can be cute, sometimes you want to run.
  
   The therapist said that we should avoid stress. It would be the same as if she had just seen Hulk. This little lady has a Hulk size anger. It is not that she is overly angry. The anger controls her versus she controls the anger. That can lead to a lot of things. A lot of things can make a 6 year old angry. When she hears no. When she can't watch TV.  When she has to something she does not want to do. This is a very difficult emotion even for someone who can control it. We are very blessed with a small child with a huge emotional battle. We for now can help her with her body.

  I have said some very challenging things about Leah. We have challenges we have to face. Leah since the day she was born was the most beautiful person I met. My other child Sharon I have learned the most from her. Sharon is the sweetest. Leah is beauty that makes you laugh, smile, cry sometimes and even hurt. She is so beautiful that I will fight for her to be the best that she can be. I pray for those that don't know her, get to know her. She is worth the uncomfortable feeling that maybe you might feel. Just to see her smile really.


No comments:

Post a Comment