I have wanted to write something for quite a while. It has been a week or something. As I saw the swarm on social media with the hashtag LoveWins, I was thinking. We have a problem with defining some things. I often hear a lot of definitions get mixed up but this one stood out. Love in a human is a fickle thing. Love in itself is an absolute. It comes from God. I know there already are people who are offended. I don't mean to offend anybody. So if you see the word God and immediately get offended please stop reading. This is not for you. If you think I am writing this post with anything but love please stop reading, this is not for you either. This post is for people who can realize I am a human with a heart. I am just a human. I constantly question just like you. I am no longer searching. I do not look to the latest tread or what is socially acceptable to decide what to believe. I tried that, it gave me a lot of migraines. It wasn't myself who decided that I should stop writing principles on a dry erase board but God. He stepped in and said stop it. So I did. I now go by the principles that are in the Bible. I don't erase them based on what is popular in culture. Here is the thing, I don't care if that makes me unpopular. I really don't. I care that at the end of the day that I'm closer to God. It doesn't mean that I'm perfect, far be it. It just means that I have a different outlook. It doesn't mean I hate everybody else's outlook. It just means that my outlook is best for me.
When I think of love winning I don't think of a government ordinance or ruling. I think of something completely different. I don't think of a government handing out love. I think of things recently that define love winning. I think of a mother handing over a child to a couple that can love it and take care of it better. I think adoption as love winning. I think seeing that child in his/her mothers' arms for the first time knowing that it is what God intended as love winning. I think that a person that knows their child is going to be born with huge problems chooses to love them no matter is love winning. It only wins 10% of the time but that is when love wins, my friend. I believe that when somebody is brutally raped in the most horrible way ends up pregnant. I believe when that mother decides to keep the child love wins. I believe that when you look at a person that you have nothing in common with other than the fact that you have blood flowing in your veins; and you love them anyway, love wins. I believe that when a child that wakes up in the morning just to fight you and at the end of the day they can say "I love You", love wins. I believe that when somebody risks their life for another love wins. I believe that when people dig for days in hopes to finding a healthy heart beat and does, love wins. Love wins every single day in a lot of hearts. It doesn't have to be a ruling from a government official. It comes from God who works in us to do the things we would otherwise be unwilling to do. That is when love wins.
I know you are thinking that I am able to marry who I want so love wins. That is actually you winning not love. Love is not only patient and kind. It also is as a parent and disciplines. We all want that fuzzy part of love that gives us wonderful feelings. Real love sometimes comes from a place that you didn't expect. Sometimes it is going through a struggle and being stronger in the end. Love never ends it is ongoing. It doesn't take a break. It doesn't say hey lets see other people. It has been won on Calvary with blood and water in Jesus. So when somebody says I believe what the Bible says, they believe love won on that cross. It is something that they do not take lightly. They are probably going to love you faults and all. They will tell you the truth when you need to be told. They will love you through the back lash. Who knows maybe one day you can see what they see. That is in fact what Jesus did for them. I don't know. I can only speak for myself.
Another great, thought-provoking post. You write with a lot of grace! (and love :)
ReplyDelete