When I became a christian, I became less disappointed in myself. I didn't of myself become a better person. I just realized that the failures that I can never seem to fix are no longer up to me. I was able to let those go. I kept on failing, I still fail on a daily basis. God said it is ok, trust that I have taken care of it. You see I can't be the one who fixes me. I am a broken wretch so to speak. If I tried as I have in so many ways I fail. I am weak. I completely and totally admit it. Jesus, is my strength, the fixer. I will give an example that I was just thinking about.
I have recently inquired a handicap sticker for Leah. It is to help get us in a facility faster, thus less panic attacks for me. It is not for me. It is not for when I want to park closer to the store or somewhere without Leah. I have not used it in this manner as of yet. I hope and pray that I don't. Knowing me and the fact that I am a human it will probably happen. I will probably be without Leah and use the handicap sticker for myself. It is completely wrong to do so. I know that. Will it stop me in that an instance where I can't find a parking spot other than handicap? Probably not. I'm going to feel awful about it. I'm probably even writing this example so I don't do it. It won't matter. I am human. I make mistakes. We all make mistakes. We all have issues.
I am Christian for two reasons 1)I can't fix myself 2) Jesus is the ultimate fixer. This obviously makes me a better human right? No, no, no if I come across like that I profusely apologize. I am needy, weak and quite prideful. I know how weak I am, yet my self esteem is well intact. It is that kind of arrogance that should be fixed. I will boast of my weakness. I can write you books and books of my wrong doings. I want to be good. I wake up with every intention of being good. The times I am I know it is not me. I Praise the Lord for the work He does in me. If I am any encouragement at all, realize I'm going to fail. I work hard at being better, knowing Christ is doing the heavy lifting. In this life, I am handicapped by my failures. God releases me from the burden of them.
AMEN!!!
ReplyDelete