Friday, March 13, 2015

The Existence of Sin

  I had a few ideas in my head about a post. I need to step back and finish what I started with my last one. One of the things that I find let me chose a word here: frustrating, is the blame game. There is only one thing to blame for everything that is unpleasantly present in this world. It is the fact that sin is present. We can to wipe out toxins, GMO's and whatever else that might be causing our lives to be sucked out of us. The problem is the real bugger boo is we are blaming, looking at the wrong end of the stick. It is sin that causes problems not the product of sin.
  I am going to give an example. It has to do with cars. Bare with me on this one. I have people come in all the time mad. They are mad because something is really broke on their car. They have driven it and driven it. Now it is far worse than it could of been if they addressed the problem right away. A person comes in that needs an engine. They are quite angry at the car that had absolutely failed them, just failed them. I asked what happened? They tell me the intake gasket was leaking and it ruined the engine. I ask if they knew the intake was leaking. They say it hasn't been leaking for long(indicating longer than 3 months). I ask if the intake was leaking and it wasn't fixed right away how is it the cars' fault that it failed? I get a blank look. Than they compare it to a friends' car. I simply say this is not your friends car. It is different, if it was fixed we wouldn't be having this conversation. Ergo take better care of your car. It wasn't the car it was the person who was in charge who had failed. The customer was blaming the product.
  It has been since the beginning of time that we have blamed the product and not the actual issue. It isn't until we really figure it out does it get fixed. Most of the time if we look right in the mirror we will find it. Who wants to do that? Who wants to look at themselves and say I'm the problem? However, we are. We cause our problems. Adam ate of the apple and blamed it on Eve instead of his own sinful heart. Eve blamed it on the serpent. We blame and God forgives. David tried to hide his from everyone. It was only until he realized he was to blame he repented of his sin. He realized how much he needed God. We do that in our lives. We try and fix our broken lives with our sure will power. We desperately to prevent the sin from touching us. I'm going to give you a secret. You can't. It is ingrained into everything that is human in you. It doesn't say in the Bible, get rid of toxins, cancer, GMO's, bad behavior in general and anything else you can think of. No it says "The wages of Sin is death" That is a bummer. There is good news though!!!!!
     Even though the first Adam ingrained sin in us, the second ingrained forgiveness in us. We do not have to rely on ourselves to save us. Christ has done that. We do not have to be in constant worry about things of this world. Christ died to all of that. He died to all of the muck and grime of this world. I promise as He has that we will see glorification of that. Be patient and know that He finished the work. Desperately searching for answers about toxins, cancers and these other things is essentially a dead end(literally). However, when you feel a need( and are tied up worried about it) please search in the Bible instead. Know that He rose and conquered all of these things. Victory is at hand. Go in peace, my beloved family.

No comments:

Post a Comment