Thursday, July 31, 2014

The weakest vessel

   When I look at an old car that is just not worth putting money in my advice is not to. However, I feel like I am that old car. Constantly having to be maintained. More and more things are going wrong. I have time and time again given up on this vessel. If were up to anybody less than Christ they would say it is not worth it. I certainly have felt that way and it is my own body! Christ, however, takes the weakest vessels making them into great ships!
    So many times we heard of stories of premies. This child is not going to make it. It is too weak. The doctor is 100% it will not survive. It not only survives but thrives. A child in the womb is not fairing very well again doctor says no way it will go full term. The parents have faith that it will survive against the doctors biding to not continue on with the pregnancy. They are rewarded with a healthy baby. Even in the tiniest of vessels Christ can be glorified.
    It is a scary diagnosis: Autism. You can get a wide range of answers from the professionals. It would be said they won't be able to talk, socialize, function as a normal human being. That was said of the likes of Temple Grandin. She now is a doctor in science and authored several books. Several people with autism can't talk but can sing better than most. Rather than talk some can communicate extremely well. A lot of the times we think of people with autism as very weak vessels. However, they handle a severe amount of workload. I look at my daughter in awe. Hoping than one day He will make me into half of what she is. She is a workhorse and keeps trucking.
   In my own experience I have been placed tasks in my life that I thought I could never accomplish. I have been through some pretty tough situations. I have a schedule that is overbearing. I keep adding to it. It isn't that it is not hard. It is very difficult. I get frustrated. I get mad. I can have a short fuse. I can also laugh about it later. I will compare myself to a boat now(I love things with engines). You see this boat out in the water it has holes all around the side of it. You're thinking: What is holding that boat up? Some scientific reason no doubt. The holes are placed just so that it can stay up. I am the boat. Plaster, wood, and other worldly things would certainly hold the boat up temporarily. What happens when more holes spring up and more. That is what happens in everyday life. I keep springing up a leak. I don't use worldly things to fill that hole. I depend on Christ's love to fill it. It is an eternal fix that is everlasting. I need a permanent fix.
    People ask me why I believe. It really isn't a decision I have made. I am the weakest vessel, who is still afloat. It is not of my own accord. It is a truth not a belief at that point.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And that final paragraph just says it all. We're a bunch of leaky boats but the Ocean keeps us afloat and directs us to safe harbor.

    ReplyDelete